Hi! This email will have to be written super fast.
We went tracting on Savanna Court last week and got a new investigator. We'd just had training on talking to everyone about their lives, not just about our message (that sounds funny) so it was a particularly enjoyable time. Christine Court was right next to it, and that's Sister Erickson's middle name. A strange coincidence?
On Sunday Sister Erickson and I went to a barbecue a Sudanese family invited us to. We're teaching them English, but not the gospel. Sister Erickson teaches the mother, Zahra, English while the kids teach me about the Qu'ran. It's been interesting. We got to the barbecue and they were ALL from Sudan (tall, really dark Africans), wearing colorful religious/cultural clothes, about 15-20 women and the same number of men, plus a couple of children for each couple. The men were outside and the women inside. The children came up to us and lined up in a row and asked us questions, and the young ones (6 years old) came and asked if we're Christians. We were quite the spectacle.
We had an amazing but sad experience last night. A member who hadn't been to church for 15 years came on Sunday with his sister. He and his fiancee are struggling to overcome drug addiction. They're such lovely people and have had such hard lives. I wanted to write more about this but the person who brought us just now told us we have to leave right now so I don't have time, but I've never felt more powerfully the strength and value that comes from bringing up a family in righteousness. I feel so safe. I guess I can write more about them later.
Please write!
Savanna

No comments:
Post a Comment