I'm a Mormon.

Saturday, August 30, 2008

more-than-semi-charmed kinda life: today's miracle

I have a charming life, whether considered on its own or all things considered.

Not that I should admit this, but today at "work" (I put this in quotation marks because I don't really have a job; I'm on temporary assignment at the Harvard Kennedy School Office of Career Advancement) I was feeling financially overwhelmed. Overwhelmed bordering on outwardly emotional and inwardly distraught. My first installment of rent will take all of several paychecks. I have $17 spending money I've allotted to myself until who knows when, some of which will go to a car wash. Lunch time found me hesitant to pay for the food I needed but hunger trumped my tentativeness. As I walked through a neighbor office toward the cafeteria, the office manager told me to go grab a leftover boxed lunch from some event they had. So I got a Taubman sandwich--chicken salad with grapes and brie--with pasta salad, a great cookie, and Fresca. All on the house...the house of providence!

I'm poor right now, but not in poverty. This I must remind myself on days like this.

What was YOUR miracle?

No comments: