I'm a Mormon.

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I'm only doing this for Kristi

I guess I've been socialized into the blog culture world. Tagged means I'm supposed to erase Kristi's answers and write my own, right?

What was I doing 10 years ago?

* Hmm, it's October. Hatching my way out of my middle school shell of ugliness aided by 4.5-inch black butterfly heels (Remember those, Kristi? So cute.) and a newly renovated friendly persona. Oh, and finishing my first and last year of high school volleyball.

What are 5 things on my to-do list today?

1. Absorb knowledge, probably lose tears, comprehend humanity at the Holocaust museum
2. Visit George Washington University and inquire about the MPP program
3. Call my great aunt Cindy
4. Rest
5. See Citizen Josh in Crystal City

Snacks I enjoy:

* Red grapes
* Tim-tams
* Rainbow paddle pops
* Potato cakes
* Chocolate stuff, but only if it's reaaaaaally good
* Falafel
* Greek salad, but only the real kind in Greece
* Golden Gaytime ice cream bars (yes I am serious)
* Frozen blended drinks

Places I've lived:

* Provo, Utah
* Hamden, Connecticut
* Waterbury, Connecticut
* Longmont, Colorado (Kristi, your fourth place was the same as my fourth place)
* Provo, Utah again
* Crema, Italy
* Victoria (Wantirna South, Cheltenham, Bairnsdale, Frankston, Berwick), Australia
* Somerville and Cambridge, Massachusetts

Five things I would do if I was a billionaire:

1. I would buy you some art--a Picasso or a Garfunkel
2. Build one of those silos and swim in my coins like Scrooge McDuck
3. Buy myself a graduate degree
4. Be a Resolver of Debt for me and my loved ones
5. Learn to fly airplanes
6. Build an actual meaningful thing, like the kingdom?

A list of 8
8 TV shows I love to watch

1. CNN
2. What Not to Wear
3. SNL Thursday Night Weekend Update
4. (I don't know any more shows)
5. Oh yeah, I used to love the X-Files in 8th grade
6.
7.
8.

8 favorite places I love to eat

1. Bombay House
2. Mr. Bartley's
3. Italy. Yes, anywhere in Italy.
4. Greece. Yes, again, this is a country.
5. Sarajevo. This time a city.
6. Armadillo. And we're back to restaurants.
7. Mmm, I tried Ethiopian food this week.
8. I'm clearly not very good at lists.

8 things that happened yesterday

1. Didn't observe a Supreme Court hearing
2. Interviewed the protesters/silent pray-ers standing in front of the Court with red stickers that say "LIFE" on their mouths
3. Bought hot chocolate
4. Spilled hot chocolate on my green coat
5. Admired the Constitution (the document, not the ship)
6. Finally saw the WWII memorial years after watching its dedication on TV
7. Took plenty of vanity photos and looked at vanity portraits at the National Portrait Gallery
8. Exercised tremendous self-control at H&M. Yep, didn't buy anything!

8 things I look forward to

1. Dinner?
2. Getting a jeoooaaaaaaawwwwrrrrrrrrrb that I like
3. Sleeping tonight
4. Visitors in Boston (come visit!)
5. My birthday
6. Christmas in Colorado and Christmas season in Boston
7. Yet-undefined adventures
8. Voting

8 things on my wish list

1. Haircut
2. Warm clothes
3. A ThinkPad
4. Enlightenment
5. A time/space machine
6. Plastic organizational aids
7. An incredibly meaningful 9-5 job that requires international travel. Sigh.
8. Better car insurance?
9. A nutritionist

1 comment:

Kristi said...

So many things I love about this post!

1. my name is in the title.

2.4.5-inch black butterfly heels - totally remember and totally the coolest part of your wardrobe that year!

3.Longmont was #4 on both our lists. Remeber that baseball is both our second favorite sport and we were going to put a sign on our bedroom door that said: "Baseball is number two."

4. Scrooge McDuck

5. X-Files . . . spooky!

6. Hot chocolate

7. jeoooaaaaaaawwwwrrrrrrrrrb. hahaha, is homestarrunner still around, I need to reminisce.

8. Sleeping tonight - remind me what that's like.

9. Visitors in Boston (come visit!)
you buy, I'll fly!