Some of my immediate reactions as I listen.
McCain is so awkward. But many people like him.
Why can't presidents keep cabinet members on when we shift administrations?
You wish you were that guy in the front row, don't you?
Obama is bad at hiding his contempt. Look at his "you're an idiot!" face.
Joe Biden is the best at all of 'em at concealing his disdain.
Barack foresaw the housing market crisis. Is he a prophet? (I ask this playfully, of course)
OOooh! Good question, Fiorra! (What sacrifices will you ask Americans to make?)
Obama NAILED that sacrifices question.
We ALL remember where we were September 11.
I think that one reason Obama's record has been aligned with his party is that he's a freshman senator and that's what you do when you're the new kid in town.
Health care is a matter of human dignity. A right even more than education is. You can live much better without education than you can without health. Life, liberty, pursuit of happiness.
In my more childlike days, I believed that having preexisting health conditions was a reason to qualify for BETTER insurance, not to be excluded. Think about it and it makes sense.
Nice to meet you, Mr. Barack. I'm one of those you meet without health insurance.
McCain and his wife don't match.
How ON EARTH is a $5000 tax credit going to help someone who doesn't pay $5000 of taxes? I know little about the tax schedule, but doesn't a single person have to make like $50,000 in order to even benefit from a $5000 tax credit? And children don't work. How do you insure a kid using $5000 of tax credits the kid doesn't earn? US GDP per capita is less than $50,000. Can someone explain this to me? (No, really.)
A 50% tax credit for small businesses is big.
McCain stands while his opponent speaks; Obama sits.
Are they going to have post-debate fact checking again? I liked that.
I have Iraq-war fatigue. I'm sure those in Iraq do too.
Tom Brokaw is gooooooood. Don't trifle with him.
Can't wait for the domestic policy debate.
I wonder if Barr and ...who is it? is Nader still in? resent that they don't get invited to the debates. (Oh I meant Ron Paul.)
Obama has nice eyelids. :)
Oh how I wish America would reread the Constitution.
At first I didn't like that McCain, and Obama too, was using more than one word to answer the yes-no question, but I think his protest was elegantly phrased. "If I say yes, we're reigniting the Cold War. If I say no, that ignores the problem." Reigniting was not the right word to use.
The U.N. Security Council is not going to approve that, but that's a silly counterfactual scenario anyway.
I wanted to hear McCain say "Iran...continue on the path that rocks!"
Why does the word "holocaust" keep coming up in these debates?
Thank you for not saying nuke-you-lar.
I never think of importing oil as a threat to national security, but I guess it is.
I appreciate a good risk taker.
Correlation does not equal causation. President Bush was not the grand menace of the economy.
Good question (What don't you know? How will you learn it?)
Good answer ("My wife would know.")
I want to hear some humility here.
The young people don't have the money for college, and they don't know about the resources that are available to them.
Say something inspiring please.
Sure glad McCain said "comrades" rather than "croneys" again.
Tom Brokaw is a legend.
Only disposable cameras allowed?
That was fun.

6 comments:
you need to sign up for twitter
Dear commenting friend,
I do not know of what you speak. :)
Sava - great stuff as usual. I wish I could have just listened to you say all this stuff as I watched the debate. So who are you going to vote for?
'member me? don't i look like someone's big sis? just stopping by to read...i agree "say something inspiring please" i think that could have counted as a waste of time? not sure...glad you're doing welll...
I agree about the health care, so much more important than the education. When I was younger I remember my mom going on and on about how a public health care system would ruin the health care. Then I got poor and I just want health care. Public schools aren't the best, but if you have money you can send your kid to private or you could homeschool, can't it be like that?
Rachael hiiiiiiiii! (spelling??)
"Say something inspiring please" was a sincere plea referring to the closing argument. I wanted to be dazzled.
No, not a waste of time. No time is wasted for a political scientist following elections during campaign season; it's nearly as enjoyable as the holidays :)
Post a Comment