I'm a Mormon.

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Do you ever smile?

Today, one of my students in one of my new classes that I taught for the second time just today asked me this question, which I ignored: "Do you ever smile? do you ever laugh?"

YESSSSSS!!!!!

If you know me well, you know this is a BIG accomplishment. ;)

I've actually been very serious at work.

(By the way, the reason my blog is called Savanna still smiles is that my parents may have gotten my name from a movie called Savannah Smiles, which is about this little rich girl that gets kidnapped and is so cute and sweet that she melts her captors' hearts--just like me, correct? Savanna smiles, but Ms. Nilsen does not, at least not for a few more successful class periods with this new set of kids.)

(And the still in Savanna still smiles comes from something else, which I may write about when I possess the appropriate amount of gravity.)

2 comments:

Kali said...

This post makes me chuckle. And I like the history behind your blog title. Love it actually.

P.S. I am going to live vicariously through your teaching experiences if that is ok with you:)

Alexis and Rick said...

I can't picture you being serious for 8 hours a day at work. I bet you are a great teacher!!