Savanna's #1 need this summer: rejuvenation through being around people who love me. I think I'll do something very unexpected, unSavannalike, and go to the Rocky Mountain West. Take my sisters on a road trip. Camp out on the trampoline with my little brothers. Talk to my parents. Visit old friends. Read some books. Hold babies. Run through sprinklers. Stare at stars. Try something new. Make jewelry. Play the piano. Learn to fly stunt kites. Go fishing with my grandparents in Utah. Hide where the achievement gap can't find me.
Who needs to put a summer internship (and pay for a big-city apartment) on top of a hugely demanding work-and-school year? Not I, said The Sav.
Ahem, I haven't gotten any comments for a while.

6 comments:
i think this sounds like a MUCH more rejuvinating summer. not as intellectually stimulating, but will be good for your heart to recover from this tough school year. yay for the simple life :)
I think this is a good plan. I wish I could do the same thing.
Rachel, you are currently living my dream life, so I guess we're on the same page :)
I 100% LOVE this idea! Genius, I tell you! Genius, I say! (Would you like to hold my baby? I do! Come and see him/her on your fishing trip.)
I honestly think the Rocky Mountain West is the best place to be in Summer.
Kristi: YES.
Oh, and I'm also going to Thailand and Malaysia. Side note.
Post a Comment