I'm a Mormon.

Friday, April 2, 2010

"I'm not interested in having personal dramas on my mission"

An excerpt from my mission journal that my friend and I just laughed out loud about:

20 September 2007

I'm not really interested in having personal dramas on my mission. This is annoying to have in my journal but I have to get it out. Last night Elder S. during nightly reporting goes "Sister Nilsen...you're cool." I go: "why?" ...blah blah...eventually he says "sometimes you make me happy. Sometimes you make me sad. Honestly I think you're really annoying. Then you make me laugh. I want to be friends. I don't want to hold a grudge. Then you do something and you're just cool. You and I are just different. You have a different way of doing things. You annoy me." And I'm thinking--you're just my district leader. I'm not here to "make you happy." I'm not interested in analyzing the strength of our relationship, as I would do with a boyfriend or companion. So I said "Elder S. you're not my boyfriend," trying to explain that, which I think was one of those times when I annoy him :) and he thought I meant that he likes me, and he covered the phone and repeated it to his companion, so I spoke to Elder J. to help me with the communication... my purpose in writing this down is to avoid calling Sister G. or Elder S.L. My companion wasn't too interested nor adept in discussing it. I don't care whether he appreciates my personality and he sounded too dramatic. "You make me happy." Ew.

1 comment:

trentathon said...

"You're not my boyfriend"?? The funniest thing about that phrase is that I can picture you saying it. In a very professional and matter-of-fact tone. So funny.