I'm a Mormon.

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

What would you do?

Options for housing next year:

1. Live alone in a 1 bedroom or studio for within my budget of $650
2. Live with random person (i.e. they're looking for a roommate on the internet) for within and possibly under my budget
3. Live with someone I know and like in a really nice apartment for $250 beyond what I pay now and $125 beyond my budget (ouch! 125x11=airplane ticket to Australia)

I'm leaning toward option 1. Liabilities: possible loneliness, having to buy my own apartment stuff, and not feeling safe. Positives: my own space, location and price of my choosing.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

live with a friend. loneliness is bad. going to australia is one amazing experience, but living with a friend will make you happier with MANY amazing experiences. you can save up and go to australia again later :)

but that's just my two cents.

Savanna said...

Good point. I like this girl but I don't think we are going to spend free time together. Let's say it's like living with a colleague you get along with but don't really plan to hang out with.

The budget is REALLY important to me.

I just want an LDS roommate. Sobsobsob. ;)

michelle said...

It's actually pretty expensive to live alone for the first time. You have to buy EVERYTHING and it gets costly. But then again, you can get by with very little if you don't care about have sparse belongings. There are NO LDS ladies to live with?? That is too bad. It might not be bad to live alone. Especially if you don't think you and the other girl will ever hang out. But it is nice to have someone to talk to when you get home from work. But it's cheaper to live alone?? A LOT cheaper it sounds like. I would probably do that. But I don't know!!! So have I confused you enough???