Hi. It's been a GREAT week. It's the last week of the transfer, and I'm a LITTLE anxious for transfer news, but we don't even have time to think about it. I'm really proud of Sister Mesake because on Saturday we were a little late biking to an appointment but she was ahead and she stopped to talk to these two ladies. I asked her later why she chose to stop even though we were late and she said she thought "maybe they're waiting for the gospel." Sister Palu and Sister Mesake taught them on Monday when I was in Moorabbin and they set a baptismal date with both of them for next weekend. So we went from a little activity to three baptisms to plan in a week and a half (the other is Corey, the 9-year-old kid).
Monday was dreamlike. I left Moorabbin 6 months ago and I still feel like its queen. I still feel like it's my area, even though I've had two since then. Anyway, I saw my Chinese twins, Richard and Jackie, and read a talk Richard gave in sacrament meeting a few months ago, and it was so beautiful and he has a firm testimony. The stake president approached him on Sunday and asked him to prepare to receive the Melchizedek priesthood. Amazing! Jackie went home a few months back to marry his girlfriend, and the boys are talking about them getting married in the temple...after she moves to Oz from China and joins the church, of course. They'd stayed up until 2 am the night before making 200 dumplings for me and Sister Allred, so we all had lunch together. I just love being with them. I feel like they're my family. Later that evening we had dinner at the Bishop's house (thankfully, he didn't call me Sister Giggles this time) and he gave me a tennis racket...a nice one!
Also this weekend they put on the Savior of the World, that musical that runs every year in SLC, and we went with Ken and Judy (Ken has a baptismal date, but he won't tell us when it is. Strange.).
Once again, I'm really excited about our new ward mission leader. He's really into his calling, though he's finding that it's demanding. We do have a lot going on at the moment.
Today Elizabeth Wells, a recent convert since February, took us to Phillip Island, the place I went earlier in the year to feed the kangaroos. They're so darling.
This morning ever since the moment I woke up I felt like I was just being enlightened and taught...inspired, I guess. That hasn't happened for a while. I'm so thankful for my mission! It's a great, miraculous, instructive gift. Instructive especially because I've had to learn humility lately :)
Okay, one more thing. One more email session next week before I call home for Christmas. Does the family have any plans on Christmas Eve or Christmas? I'm thinking of calling around 7 am Christmas morning here, which would be, what, 2 or 3 in the afternoon Christmas Eve there? Let me know if you've got other plans.
I'll send pictures next week! Good ones! Involving beautiful things--me and kangaroos and oceans! bye
Savanna

No comments:
Post a Comment