In order to count this summer a success, Savanna will...
...in tandem with her collab group, lead her students to meet their summer growth goals (TFAspeak).
...in tandem with her collab group, lead her students to pass the 8th grade math CRCT and go to high school.
...see fireflies.
...hike in the redwoods. Take many photos.
...swim in a river.
...pay my respects to my grandfather who is buried in northern California and whose funeral I missed while I was in Australia.
...generally enjoy the family road trip.
...tour NASA headquarters.
...be an agritourist, by which I mean go see Adam's orange grove.
...find an apartment with a fitness center and a pool, which is pretty much the standard in Miami.
...spend some time with the grandparents.
...spend some time with the mission friends.
...spend some time with the BYU friends.
...visit Utah in order to fulfill the previous three requirements.
...lay on a blanket in Provo canyon and stare at the sky, which must be peppered with stars and embellished with shooting stars
...play at 7 Peaks.
...work out a way to refuse someone's offer to buy me an alcoholic drink with humor and while preserving their dignity.
...move to Miami.
...spend a weekend in Savannah.
...attend a wedding.
...distribute thank-you tokens as appropriate.
...find a pair of attractive and functional shoes for teaching.
...consume a pork salad and horchata at Costa Vida. Or is it Costa Azul?
...update my personal financial management scheme, which right now is vaguely defined as "spend as little money as possible." I need an accounting system.
...get in touch with all the people I said I would get in touch with and haven't.
...create a management, investment, and procedures system for my classroom that I can believe in.
...get a tennis racket.
...decide what kind of tone and tenor I want my professional life to have and deliberately act in accordance with that in all micro-to-macro decisions I make. (I'm starting to see what kind of influence I want to be on people and situations...)
To be updated. Any suggestions?
(notice how I add some things that I am definitely, unavoidably going to do? I need to give myself a few points on the success-o-meter.)

4 comments:
Great list. I love all that Utah (and especially Provo) talk. I love that fitness rooms and pools now come as standard. And I just love lists in general.
It's Costa Vida, and I'm coming with you!
Kristi--time for me to meet the babe.
Trent--count on it!
I like lists. Oh and for financial management check out mint.com. We love that site, and it's free.
Post a Comment