I'm a Mormon.

Friday, August 14, 2009

Girl needs a to-do list

Hi. I'm looking for a to-do list computer program. Specifications:

  • One-time items roll over to the next day if I don't take them off the list.
  • Items that recur daily or weekly or monthly or yearly.
  • In order to pop them right off the list, I mark them with labels that say, for example, done or I don't care about this anymore or I actually still care, but I don't want to think about it until after August 24 and then they disappear.
  • Hierarchy of items: if you don't get this done you will in no way be able to do this.
  • A simple, streamlined look--perhaps just a word or two appears in the list and if you hover, a more detailed explanation appears.
  • Ooh, premium feature: If I think of something when I'm on the go, I can send a text message to the program with an item and it will ask me later if I want to add it.
  • Such a list would pop up on the right side of my screen and still run when I close it as an icon on the bottom right corner, kind of like an AIM buddy list would back in the day when I used to use it.

Anyone have any ideas?

Anna? :)

3 comments:

Kristi said...

http://www.todolistsoft.com/

Looks like it has a lot of your desires. You can do recurring tasks. You can prioritize and order your tasks. You can label tasks as completed or such and such % completed or waiting. The program can email or text you reminders, but I didn't see anything about the other way around.

Kristi said...

Also look at:

http://www.solutionwatch.com/450/25-to-do-lists-to-stay-productive/

http://www.davidberman.com/software/timeto.php {looks like it does a lot of great stuff!}

http://www.iprioritize.com/ {says you can access list from mobile phone, don't know if that means just look at or you can add, too}

http://www.enhanceyouroutlook.com/ {looks like you can do steps, and it will only show you the next step in a project)

Unknown said...

no idea what to do to help you with this...however...

YES!

we are back in the u.s.a. for at least 3 years. located in the big apple.

visit. :)