I'm a Mormon.

Saturday, May 22, 2010

I have ESPN.

Last night, I dreamed that was riding my bike (Bartolo Antonio the Beach Cruiser, named after a character from the opera Il Barbiere di Siviglia [The Barber of Seville] and the classic Italian film Ladri di Biciclette [Bicycle Thieves]) and the chain fell off.

This morning, I put on a new swimsuit and a yellow sundress and rode my bike in perfect sunny 80something degree weather past the little shops of northside Miami Beach to an Argentine bakery, where I got an empanada jamon y queso and an empanada caprese, then to the beach to meet a few of my TforA friends. On the way to the bakery, the chain fell off my bike while I was switching gears. No problem, I had just fixed this situation probably 8 hours earlier in my dream. Weird?

(This has also been a subtle advertisement to attract more visitors to visit me and my new hometown.)

1 comment:

Kristi said...

I like the image of you riding a bike in a sun dress. OK, I'll come visit, once I can ride a bike, too!