I'm a Mormon.

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

sliced updates. sliced like cheese.

1. There are few things more disappointing than going to the grocery store with a craving for grilled cheese and tomato soup, buying your supplies, and the next day finding a fridge devoid of sliced Gouda. I definitely had it in my hand. What happened?

2. Advice: when walking up an incline during a tropical rainstorm, remove your flip flops. :)

3. I am moving in with my fellow TFAer/grad school classmate. I wanted a big change from living in that neighborhood, but I was reassured when she got excited about Law&Order:SVU. She is very talented and hardworking and I think she'll be a great mentor-roommate for me. She's from Brooklyn and is entering her fourth year of teaching middle school math. The building has a pool and a fitness center, so hopefully I can squeeze in some time to pay more attention to my health.  (Just today I found out about an LDS person who is looking for a roommate in the neighborhood where I wanted to live. I hope it wasn't meant to be rather than something I should maneuver.)

4. I REALLY like this week's grad school class on personal, organizational, and community well-being. A report on some of its content will follow soon. The professor is engaging, I'm enjoying my fellow corps members more than ever, and I made a friend who looks a lot like this guy. It's his first visit to the US and appreciates that I speak his native language of Italian. So much so that he told me I am going to be his best friend.

5. Why haven't they approved my "I'm a Mormon" profile yet?

6 I stare at this (if you're at all surprised by this, you don't know me. :) ) and this for about seven hours a day. I'm centering my decor around the orange atlas, but can't talk myself into spending that much for a duvet cover. I have decided it's time to act like a real grownup and actually decorate my apartment. Like with a color scheme. And maybe a nightstand.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Dang you! Now I want cheese sandwich and tomato soup, but no tomato soup. Dang it!