I'm a Mormon.

Monday, August 23, 2010

Some people have it all...

I don't know if I ever told you how awesome Allie is (she's my roommate from last year). She was my closest friend in Miami. Our creative-type personalities went well together. We got along beautifully and laughed and bemoaned our situation every evening in our living room and on weekend trips to the mall or new restaurants. We had a similar experience last year, both teaching 7th grade science in schools with a similar climate. Well let me tell you about her sweet life.

Since our first year ended, she
-had a beautiful wedding
-married an awesome, smart, interesting, supportive guy
-lived in Rome for the summer
-moved to an awesome Chicago apartment
-transferred to TforA Chicago
-got a job COTEACHING sweet sweet FIRST graders, at a CHARTER school, teaching LITERACY.
-oh, and she just got chosen to be on Oprah. No, not as an audience member. Her classroom is going to be featured on Oprah. She's going to be famous, and you know they're going to buy her something good.

Yeah, her life's nice.

I hope my day for wonderful things is soon to come. It's been one day of the new school year and I am already SO TIRED and concerned for my physical, social, and emotional wellbeing. 179 school days left to go.

1 comment:

Kali said...

Oh Savanna! I feel for you. The first day is always hard. and your friend gets to be on Oprah!? Lucky girl. Yeah, she will get something good. But, you are right. Your day will come. promise! Oprah, will seem pea-sized. ;)