I'm a Mormon.

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Progress, or, You Were Right

Then: 

drops on the glass the only sound.
But what I want to hear is my name
while I am driving you around.

I thought that this was what I wanted,
thought I could go out on my own.
Thought I could fly, but I am grounded.
Don't want to do this all alone.

Now there's a palm tree out my window.
Against the moon, I guess it's nice.
But it also casts a shadow,
A doubt that I can do this right.

|
|
V
Now:

Another home, another window,
another year has passed and gone.
And though the waves still crash and winds blow,
tonight I'm feeling much more strong.

Last time we spoke I felt defeated,
could only see what I had lost.
But victory came when Fear conceded.
To win, I pay a daily cost.

There are thoughts words cannot capture,
and I can't hold the hands of time.
These days won't fit inside a camera,
but I have learned to make them mine.




1 comment:

Brandon said...

Best line:

"To win, I pay a daily cost"

Profound!