I'm a Mormon.

Friday, November 7, 2008

A dream is a wish your heart makes...

...when you're fast asleep.

Cinderella's words sing to me right now. I awoke this morning from a dream that I was explaining to a young lady about my age that she did in fact have a purpose, that she had a definite, unique role to fill in her community and that she was doing that very well. She was in some way superior to me and I was unsure at first if it was my place, but as I spoke my reluctance faded. Then I had a second interview with HBS. I remember trying to tell the interviewer how creative, clever, and resourceful I am.

Um. Talk about "a dream is a wish your heart makes." I find it interesting that while in real life I've been grasping after a person/place/thing that needs me, in this dream I was trying to help someone else feel her purpose. She was a brunette, and now that I think about it, I may recall that she was wearing light blue and a tiara. Ha, sound familiar?

Hold fast to your dreams and, someday,
your rainbow will come smiling through.
No matter how your heart is grieving,
if you keep on believing,
the dream that you wish
will come true.

(Someone please forward this to The Birthday Fairy.)

2 comments:

teachergirl said...

may you get everything your heart wishes for is my sincerest prayer for you. you are wonderful, i hope you know. our strange yet awesome friendship makes me very happy and reminds me that sometimes things are just meant to be.

happy early birthday!

Rachey said...

Happy birthday tomorrow?