I'm a Mormon.

Sunday, February 14, 2010

22 February 2009: Beijing

Okay I'm disappointed that I haven't written the past couple of days. Although on Friday I did write Richard a letter, the draft of which is in the back of this notebook. I am now in Beijing staying at the house of Curtis and Amanda A. They are lovely. Their daughter E. is 4 in April and so articulate and so smart. Amanda feeds her knowledge and helps her connect information at every possible opportunity, in every conversation.

I rode the overnight train from Kaifeng to Beijing Xi on Friday night. The experience of getting on the train was reminiscent of WWII images of Jews getting on trains. Kind of freaky for me to say, I know, but allow me to explain. It was dark, people were lined up carrying goods in various containers, the people shouting instructions in an incomprehensible tongue wore army green imperial (reich) looking uniforms, there was a sense of urgency. Okay I'd better get ready for church.
--
Found a Taiwanese guy to help me buy a train ticket = answer to prayer. Saw Olympic Stadium. Went to Classens for YSA lunch. Met Franca. Decided not to fear man more than God. :)

No comments: