I'm a Mormon.

Friday, September 5, 2008

1869 reasons

A categorized list of reasons

Reasons why it's been okay to be underemployed this summer
#61 spontaneous trips to Walden Pond and the beach
#17 free lunch from Harvard catering
#24 meeting all kinds of interesting people at temp jobs
#70 my social experiment with EBT
#11 finding that weird dead centipede while volunteering to clean the temple
#58 reading badly written vampire love stories

Reasons why I love public transportation
#9 guy in lobster suit asking if he could be my boyfriend
#44-49 that group of like 4 black kids with one Asian that fits right in with them
#2 the moment when the red line crosses the Charles River
#72 the lady at Sullivan who yelled at me continuously until I got on the bus because she saw my Book of Mormon

Reasons why I love East Cambridge
#27 Inman Square
#10 all the magnified noise at night--metal scraping, sirens, yelling, trucks unloading, semis
#11 okay that was a lie.
#38 roommates (more on this later)
#89 Lechmere
#68 H&M at Cambridgeside
#45 LDS boys around the corner
#46 Camilla a block away

Reasons why I love Somerville
#1a Colleen (met her first)
#1b Rachel (met her second)
#2 Taco Bell
#65 community softball
#21 firemen neighbors
#90 Foss Park
#43 LDS boys downstairs

Reasons why I love living in Boston
#1 newness
#96 city lights
#20 history
#21 revolutionary spirit
#4 pistachio macaroons at Mike's Pastries
#13 Indian food everywhere
#73 making connections with people
#74 missionary opportunities
#22 Longfellow Park wards
#31 mingling of cultures
#56 the beach
#48 land of the ancestors
#17 proximity to other places I want to be
#100 autumn approaches :) :) :)

3 comments:

Kristi said...

Sounds like Boston is the best. I would love to see some pictures :). With the exception of no LDS boys listed in the reasons.

Colleen said...

DUDE - one of the firemen asked for my phone number this morning.

He said: "You know - I see you a lot in the morning, and you seem mad cool."

He asked about my school and stuff. Haha, awesome.

Savanna said...

colleen--DREAM COME TRUE! ha ha ha. it's as if i planned it!

i was going to ask if i could see the firehouse. then i moved.