I'm a Mormon.

Thursday, September 11, 2008

I need a star to chase

Reflections/things I've learned during my job search:

I need a high degree of positive social interaction. Every day.
I need more education.
I want more education.
My happiness level is directly correlated with the amount of time I spend under the sky.
I like rules.
I need to be creative.
(I am a contradiction.)
I need a context.
Most people and most systems operate far below capacity. I speak of productivity and happiness. I include myself.
I like ideas.
I also like deadlines.
Apparently I like lists.
I am highly sensitive/responsive to my environment (living/working).
I am much more project-oriented than I'd thought.
Two weeks is just enough unstructured time.
I'm much more likely to do something if I've told someone I'd do it.
I like talking to random people and capturing a part of their personality or life experience.
I love New England. Part of this is its mystery. This makes me think I can love anywhere.
I am too smart and too interesting and too curious for office administrative work.
I don't know what I want specifically but I know now more than ever what I want generally.
Everyone experiences the same interludes of frustration/loneliness/confusion I have.
I need to find work that I can put my whole heart into.
Discomfort is productive.

No comments: