I got my first parking ticket today. Just $20 for "STORAGE (OVER 24HRS)." Fair enough, because I've been parking in Cambridge sans parking permit for 2.5 weeks now. It's worked so far with a strategic combination of meter parking overnight, a visitor permit, the use of our parking lot on weekends, and a non-permit location protected by roommate pact.
I just found a spot in the secret strip of non-permit parking, and I subconsciously constructed this thank-you song to the tune of "Sono un figlio di Dio." I'm not certain yet whether it's irreverent. I don't think it is because I mean it!
Padre Celeste ti ringraziam
perche' parcheggiato noi abbiam
e piu' biglietti non ne avro' mai.
Posto libero tu macchina hai.
(My Colorado registration expires just about now so I'll be dressing the Batmobile in Mass plates and a Cambridge sticker in a matter of weeks.)

No comments:
Post a Comment