I just found this receipt:
GAS N GO CONOCO
430 W. 1230 N.
PROVO UT
7/19/04 17:49
UNLD 1.093G
PRICE/GAL $ 1.899
FUEL TOTAL $2.08
(It must have been on my way home from work, an incredibly boring job at a law firm that I had for three weeks before I quit in favor of the teaching assistant job the political science department had invited me to take. Those are the best jobs, the ones where they come looking for you...)
Anyway, I'm trying to work out why I would have bought just one gallon of gas. I do vaguely remember getting to work with the fuel-o-meter reading 0 miles to empty. The Gas N Go was across the street. I paid with my debit card, so it can't be that I had only $2 in the car. It can't be that I was in a hurry, because I would have at least gone for three gallons. I was to leave in less than two weeks for a month to volunteer at the Olympics, but I think I would have needed to drive more than 25 miles in that interval. The most likely answer is that I was feeling poor, but $2 poor? It's true that I avoid spending where I can, but $2?
More interesting answer? Anyone?

3 comments:
I don't really have any other ideas, although the story is incredibly funny! I think you did it just to be funny ... seems like something you would do just for a joke.
I think whats even more interesting is that you still ha this receipt! Wasn't that 3 years ago or something?
Yeah, over 4 years, actually. I found it in a book I've recently starting rereading.
Post a Comment