A selection from last night's dreams:
I got home to a surprise waiting for me on my bed--a book, still wrapped in its plastic packaging. I hadn't expected this book to arrive but it felt like I'd been anticipating it my whole life. I knew immediately what it was and opened it. It looked and felt exactly like my green triple combination but without the index tabs or my name engraved on the cover. So it looked like this.
It was the first print edition of (previously) lost scripture, in the early stages of worldwide distribution. My friends and family were there and their copies had already been delivered.
I was captured by the momentousness of the occasion, talking to everyone around me about how exciting it would be to discover the words for the first time. It would take a significant investment to get to know this addition to the canon. As I looked through the pages, I noticed that the names of people I knew and loved were in the stories. The text was not yet divided into verses, just paragraphs. It was commonly understood that this would not be the last of its kind.
I'm so pleased that I remember this dream. It has colored my morning with a feeling of hopeful anticipation and a sense of relief.

2 comments:
fyi-
just read your whole blog.
and you are just too lovely for words..:)
Amanda. Thank you. You're the lovely one for saying it. That made my day, especially because I recently received what we will call 'advice' to "find my inner voice." Thanks for the confidence. :) Many of my adventures, particularly those in my very first post ever, involved you.
Post a Comment